Friday, March 27, 2009

Skip To M' Blog

Goodness - I am really slipping up on my blog posting lately! I apologize profusely.

I was absent from school Wednesday and Thursday the evening just got away from me! Now it's nearly 7:00 PM on Friday evening...YIKES! I better get my act together as we are getting down to our final two months of the school year!

Today the students received full-direction packets for their ancient Rome Project: "Rome Wasn't Built in a Day." Each student will be researching and writing about a specific structure as well as constructing a model of it. We went over the complete packet yesterday and today. This weekend, each student is to explain to their parents what their specific structure is and give them the packet of directions to read. On Monday, each student must return to school with a form signed by their parents stating that they read and understand what the project entails. They also have their first assignment (to get them started in the research process) to do over the weekend.

The students will have one month and one week to complete the project. Papers and structures are due Thursday, April 30 and we will be hosting an exhibit and an open house for family and friends on May 1. More details about the exhibit will be provided in the coming weeks.

Tomorrow is the TPA annual Renaissance Faire. I hope to see many of you out there as I have heard it is a really terrific event (and a great fun and fundraiser for our school).

Cheerio,
Ms. Pitman