Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Mnemonically Yours

Sometimes having a teacher birthday can come in handy - especially when it comes to creative activities and brain trainer games!

This morning, I asked the students to write out mnemonics using my last name. Here's a sampling:

Pitman

Is

The

Most

Awesome person in the world who

Never gets mad

Yeah, well...it was a nice dream. ; )

And now for something completely different...

Pensively beastish
Inside
The
Mall or classroom
At
Noon

And I had no idea I had a second job:


Ms. Pitman

Punches
Ignorant
Tamales
Mating
Anteaters at
Noontime

We also used my name in a category game, where the students had to come up with a vegetable, animal and snack food for each of the letters of my name. For some of the letters we - the Sixth Graders and myself -had to use some real brain muscles!

I hear that's important when you get older...oh, wait a minute - I am!

Thanks to the students for celebrating my special day with me and thank you for the cards, and special gifts and to Maya Putrasahan for such a lovely spread in the faculty house this morning.

A big shout out to Kyle's mom, who I am told is also celebrating a birthday today!

Cheers,
Ms. Pitman